Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A much needed update . . .

So, its been a while since I have posted, so I thought I would catch you up . . . 

Abby is STILL potty training.  I realized the other day it has been 3 months since I first posted we were starting to potty train.  That was kind of depressing, since we have only had ONE day so far without any wet underwear, but I am just going to not try and push her too hard ;)  I got her some big girl underwear and she loves to wear them, but constantly tells me she needs to potty just AFTER she has already peed in her pants.  AGH!  Oh well, she is 2 . . . no one has gone to college in diapers, right???  Luckily, she is really cute, so it's easy to forgive her.  

Brian got his first tooth last night!! (or today . . . I am not really sure exactly when, but I noticed it today ;) )  I hope he will sleep better - he has been waking up the last week or so to nurse during the night.  Maybe the tooth was the culprit.  Even though he has been doing great, the doctors still think he needs to have surgery, so we have scheduled him to have surgery at MUSC on May 7th.  I think it is (and will be) harder on Bruce and I than it will be on Brian.  I am very stressed about having him in the hospital, but I know it is in God's hands, and Brian will be just fine.  

Brian is also eating solid food now (well, pureed baby food) and A LOT of it.  That boy loves to eat!  He has his 6-month check up on Friday and we will see how much he weighs.  Abby was 16 lbs 2 oz at her 6-month check up, and last week at the doctor Brian was 15 lbs 8 oz - so they are pretty close in size!  They are both growing so much, I can't believe it!  Abby just loves Brian, and they are so cute together.  I think she was feeding him a lollipop today though, I am not sure, but I picked Brian up after I had been out of the room and his hair is suspiciously sticky . . . 

Anyway, both kids are FINALLY getting better.  We have no more runny noses and no more cough!!  Hopefully we can get through cold and flu season with no more sickness or ear infections (Brian has had 2 and Abby has had 3 in the last 3 months) but the pollen is awful right now and keeping me down :(

Bruce is out of the country working this week so I have the kids alone, but they are being very good ;)  Can't wait for him to come home on Saturday!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi K! Just curious - when did Brian STOP waking up in the night to nurse? Right now Lila is nursing at around 10 or 11, again around 2 or 3 and again around 6 or 7. I would be excited if one of those feedings goes by the wayside soon...
The surgery sounds very scary, but I just know Brian will do great!