Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Potty training time!
Two nights ago I told Abby it was time to change her diaper and she ran in and sat on her potty. Let me add also, she has NEVER shown any interest in her potty before, although I bought it months ago thinking she would. Anyway, I took off her diaper, she sat down, and she peed! It was so exciting Bruce and I of course were all over her kissing and praising her - in fact, we may have scared her we were so excited! So, I pulled the pack of Pull-Ups I already had waiting out of the closet, and we are off! I have been trying to take her to the potty at least 1-2 times an hour, and she gets an M&M for sitting on the potty (although I think I may switch to stickers) and another M&M if she goes. She has peed 3 or 4 other times since Monday night! I am hoping she just gets it quickly and we can get some big girl underwear ;) I might let her go to Target tonight and pick out some she likes. A friend told me they just put their child in underwear and although they had a lot of accidents for a few days, their little boy got it pretty quickly. I really have no clue how to potty-train a child, lets just hope it is easy . . . hahaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment